Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Money buys happiness

Shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.






I love getting dolled up. I consider myself being really feminine.When I dress good I feel good. I'm one of those girls that must have her nails done at all times or else I feel like I have lost it. Despite whats going on I always feel the need to look decent no matter where I am going. In my eyes first impressions are everything. What if I'm at walmart with my mom and I run into my future husband and I look like a homeless girl on crack. UNACCEPTABLE. At least wear a cute little hoodie and jeans, comb your hair, and put some lip gloss on.

One of the reasons why I am that way is because of my grandma and my mom is the complete opposite from us. My grandma is 55 years old and she still wears her acrylics and high heels. She recently got a couple surgical procedures done to doll herself up. She says she refuses to be an ugly grandma. I don't blame her for that because if she feels the need to do that in order to feel good about herself then why not? Rock it granny. I've always been closer to her than my mom so she probably influenced my ways. #2fab4life

My grandma always told me if you want something buy it. You never know if you'll die the next day and you died with the desire of a Michael Kors purse. So fudge it right? Be broke for a couple weeks but "Money comes and goes" as she often reminds me. I am not exaggerating when I am in line at a store about to spend more than a hundred dollars on something completely irrelevant that I don't need I literally say a bunch of times in my head "Money comes and goes, what if you die tomorrow Ailyn".

As insane as our logic may sound it comes in handy. She has a point if you want something go for it. Set up goals for yourself, do what you need to do and DO IT. Don't just say you're going to do it and then not do it.

People have different types of ways to relive their stress. Some people exercise others do drugs, go to the spa, get drunk me however Shopping is my thing. Because when I shop the world gets better.
I can't explain it but it isn't for the material things that you are looking for. When you are walking around looking at things you find inner peace. You get your mind off things and you get super cute things while you're at it. Well as long as you have money it is fun. Shopping by myself is a different experience than shopping with my friends. When I shop alone it is great I can take my time no disruptions no distractions. However when you're with your friends you have to compromise to go to stores you all like an then sometimes they rush you and it is just a pain. When I go shopping I like to actually look at stuff and when you're with your friends you get to gossip and shop. Best of both worlds.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha - I am not really a shopper (well... it depends what it is. Not clothes and makeup) but I can totally relate to the YOLO attitude towards treating yourself...

    ReplyDelete